1) My darling friend Loren, whose quote headlines this list, does not have a blog but she totally should.
2) Fall is the best season EVER. I love autumn the best because:
- The weather cools off enough for cute jackets and boots.
- New fall TV.
- The best films, usually for Academy consideration, are released in the fall. (Best year ever: 1999)
- I look hot in orange.
- When it starts to rain, I want to bake things and stay home and hunker down with a warm throw and a Twin Peaks marathon.
- The air smells better, like mountains and leaves and bonfires and homecoming football games.
4) Last night, I put away more things around the house, including a bunch of dishes and things in our new sideboard that mAc put together. Which means our new soup tureen has a home.
5) I can't believe that I have a SOUP TUREEN in my SIDEBOARD.
6) Do you even know what a sideboard is? It's a little buffet/dresser type thing that goes in the dining room. It's part of the dining set we just bought. A set, as in table, sideboard and matching chairs.
7) Note to self: more rock shows. Less Ikea.
8) Veronica Mars, aka the BEST TV SHOW EVER, starts its second season tonight. Do yourself a favor, and set up your TiVO. I know, I know, it's on UPN, but trust me. It rocks. If not me, then trust Joss Whedon, Kevin Smith and Damon Lindelof. They love it too.
9) I actually met Kristin Veitch (from the link above) when we were in Hawaii. She was super nice, and I'm bummed that we didn't get to chat more and geek out over favorite shows like Veronica Mars and Lost and Arrested Development. The woman's got taste.
10) I don't have ten things for this list. It just seemed like I should end on a nice round number.
11) No, wait! Yes I do--I've been meaning to say this for ages, but if you live in SoCal and are looking for a good stylist, go to Frenchy's in Burbank, ask for Petrina, tell her Dinah sent you. She is the best, and keeps my hair looking all kinds of pretty. (The stray hair in the bangs is totally my fault.)
12) How cute is our dog?