Thursday, April 07, 2005

A day in the life of...

If you were a fly on the wall in my office just now, you would have heard the following exchange. In this scenario, I'm chomping away on a healthy late afternoon snack of baby carrots, and showing someone some artwork that our graphic designer did for one of our projects. Names have been changed to protect coworkers I actually like.

Me, impressed: Look at this fabulous artwork Susie did! Isn't it great?
Fern, impressed and curious: Oh wow. That's great. I wonder where she got that image?
Me, getting up from desk: I don't know, let's go ask her.
Fern, mischievously: Hey! When we go in her office, we should have our Serious Faces on and pretend we hated it to freak her out.

Me, plaintively: But I'm eating a carrot!

As if that explains everything.

No comments: