Wednesday, August 10, 2005

over under

My inbox at work currently has 11 emails in it. By the time I get back in the office next Thursday, will there be over or under 300 emails in it? Ladies and gentlemen, place your bets.

Edited at 11:27 p.m.
For those of you playing the at-home game of Just How Crazy IS Your Inbox?, I have been out of the office for 12 hours. I have 54 emails. That's just 43 emails in less than one day, since I left the office around 11 for my conference. That is a light day, but I'm in meetings all day with people who usually send me emails. Five more business days to go, 2 in meetings, 1 at a field office and 2 on vacation. Keep in mind, I was at the office last night until around 10:30 taking my inbox down to 11... from 400. How bad will it get? Any takers?

Edited on 8/18: The grand total
Well, no one took a guess, so no one wins. As it turns out, I have the best grasp on how many emails I can expect in a certain amount of time. The number of emails in my inbox this morning? 293. Not bad. Not bad at all.

2 comments:

Dinah said...

In town but out of the office for 3 days, then off to Hawaii for a little R & R. And Mai & Tai.

Alf said...

Does anyone know Dinah's work e-mail?