Saturday, August 25, 2007

I know it helps

Readers of my blog, I need your help!

More specifically, my friends need your help. More specifically than that, they need your prayers and a little of your money.

My friend Chris was run over by a car in New York on Tuesday 8/14. Without going into too much detail, suffice to say that his injuries are extensive, he's still in the hospital, and his recovery will be long and hard. Those of you who know Mac & I from Seattle, or came to our wedding may remember Chris as an old friend of Mac's and one of his groomsmen (or "henchmen"). And even if you don't know him, I believe in the power of good thoughts and positive vibes and prayers and karma. So if you could throw some out for him and his wife Julie, I know they will help.

I'd also like your prayers for an old friend of mine from college, Krista. Krista and I were suite mates my sophomore year, which meant that the cell blocks that passed for our dorm rooms were adjoined by a pair of sinks and a mirror. I found out a couple weeks ago that Krista has Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia. She's currently in the first stages of remission, but her best shot at survival is a bone marrow or stem cell transplant. This costs approximately $250,000, and she has no health insurance. Her people have created an awesome web site for her, however, to help get the word out and try and raise some money for her. If you'd like to check it out and maybe kick in a couple bucks, go here:

Krista Berry Bryan Fundraiser

Thank you, my friends and family, for looking this over and contributing whatever you can, even if it's a brief plea to the universe to help these people out. I know it helps.

No comments: