Monday, April 14, 2008

our ducks

I'm pretty good at a lot of things. Marketing, baking, making mix CDs, what have you. Doing my taxes? Not so much.

I mean, I save all my receipts. I know how to go through my write-off worksheet, and I am very accurate when it comes to what expenses were business-related, and what were not. I'm even good at math, and consider myself to be reasonably well-organized.

But for some reason, every year I get completely overwhelmed by my taxes. I'm sitting in my CPAs office right now while she goes through all the crap we brought, and just feeling like an idiot.

Granted, going from easy-peasy corporate W2 paycheck to running a business with little to no prior accounting experience makes this whole endeavor a lot more brutal. Even our CPA was nervous before we showed up.

So, all we good do is organize and bring all the information we can. I feel confident that we have all our ducks. They're just not in a row yet. They're in more of a cluster. A complete and total cluster-duck.

No comments: