- Someone in the LA area. I know, this limits us but we need to be able to send this person to weekly client meetings, so s/he has to be local.
- Someone who really gets PR. Not marketing, advertising, sales, or promotions, but PR. Yeah, there are some similarities, and I'm willing to look at people with backgrounds in related fields, but only if they truly understand what publicity is, and can convince me s/he's a super-quick study.
- Someone who really gets online. We get a lot of publicists that apply to work for us and have no idea how to work with online media. Or, they don't understand the volume of press partners we work with. A hint: it's WAY MORE than you think.
- Someone who is organized and works fast. Because of the volume of press we work with, and the volume of DVD titles we work on, an AE's email inbox can fill up fast. We're known for being super-responsive, so we need someone who isn't going to freak out when the inbox fills up. Everyone at Click manages a crazy email inbox, and gets all kinds of other things done at the same time. We need someone who can Keep Up.
- Someone hungry and committed. Everyone here at Click works their asses off and loves their jobs. It's kind of crazy, but it's also kind of fun when you really believe in what you're doing. We really believe we're the best at what we do, and we're willing to push for Excellence every day in order to make sure we stay that way. Some days are more intense than others. The last month has been crazy busy, I won't lie. BUT when things get nuts, here's what's good: everyone knows that everyone is in the same boat and is carrying their own weight--no slackers. Mac & I are completely approachable and do our best to help anyone who gets overwhelmed. We reward our staff often with Movie Hooky Fridays and various other fun social activities. We believe in personal days and vacations and Balance, and work closely with all of our staff to make sure they stay happy. Oh, and we pay pretty well. We're not Rockafellers over here or anything, but we pay really competitive salaries , at least compared to other PR shops in town (plus we offer medical/dental benefits, FSA & 401k).
Spread the word.