Sunday, June 21, 2009

cow gargoyles playing the guitar

Los Angeles is just full of surprises.

You know how sometimes, no matter how clean you get your home and no matter how hard you try & de-clutter and organize and have just the things you need in exactly the place they belong, you always end up with that drawer or shelf or closet or entire garage just full of .... stuff? And, like, you have a vague idea of what's in the Junk Drawer, but you haven't really looked through it in awhile? So when you do, it's full of surprises?

LA to me is like a disorganized house filled to the brim with Junk Drawers and Surprise Closets and Overflowing Garages. You never know what it will reveal to you next.

Today, on my bike ride down the Chandler Bike Path, LA revealed the following treasures:
Cow Gargoyle With Guitar
There are four of these cow gargoyles playing the guitar on the side of a music production warehouse along the Chandler Bike Path. They are labeled "Vini, Vidi, Vici, Vaca," which, if you know your Latin, means "I came, I saw, I conquered. Cow."

Murals on the walls
In the NoHo Arts District, they paint murals on the back of industrial buildings.

And a few more treats on my totally outdated Flickr. I wonder what LA will reveal to me next? I'm rather excited to find out.

No comments: