Friday, December 10, 2004

Fa la la la la, la la la la

Whether you love or hate Christmas and the songs that go with it, you have to read this essay/rant by Sarah Bunting (aka Sars from TwoP) on Tomato Nation. A sample:
"And speaking of things in Christmas songs that I don't understand, what is going on in "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus"? First of all, in my house, you stayed in bed Christmas Eve or you got a spanking in your stocking. Second of all, either Mommy is cheating on Daddy with Santa, or Daddy is dressed up as Santa and it's some kind of May-December roly-poly kinky thing that the kid doesn't need to see, which leads me my third point, namely that the child is kind of a voyeur, and when Mommy gets done playing tonsil hockey with St. Nick, she might want to look into a child psychologist before neighborhood pets start disappearing."

Now go.

No comments: