Friday, February 18, 2005

Think about it

My brother in law John is smart. He said the following to my sister the other day when she was stressing out, and it really resonated with me. I'm paraphrasing, because I don't remember it exactly, but here you go.

"If you have chosen work at a profession that you love but isn't super lucrative over making more money doing something you don't love, then there's no point in letting the job you love stress you out and make you unhappy. Because if you're going to be unhappy, you might as well be getting paid."

p.s.
I'd like to thank Alison for hooking me up with the perfect song for my mood today. Oddly suited to the sentiment above, don't you think?

Money talks
But it don’t sing and dance, and it don’t walk
As long as I can have you here with me
I’d much rather be
Forever in blue jeans
~"Blue Jeans," Neil Diamond

No comments: