Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving from the Arrowead Ramada in Phoenix, AZ! We've driven over the desert and through the holiday traffic to a hotel near Grandmother's house. A lovely hotel with paper-thin walls, close proximity to traffic, a noisy refrigerator, and 2 double beds so that we can sleep right next to my sister in law and her husband, who snores.

Today, I am thankful for Tylenol PM.

But Seriously. I love Thanksgiving, and I love that it gives us materialistic, self-absorbed Americans a day to reflect on what's important.

I am thankful for my family, who is enjoying good health. I am thankful that my mom's hip surgery went well and she can now walk without pain. I am thankful for my beautiful husband, who's currently quizzing me on my "Manifesto of Evil" and tickling my toes as I type this.

I am thankful for good friends--the friends I've made in LA with whom I've become so close, and the friends I've made all over the country throughout the years who continue to stay in touch.

I am thankful for mix CDs from friends, Veronica Mars, book recommendations, and that I get to see The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe on the big screen this holiday season. I'm thankful for my beautiful red Fluevog boots I got earlier this year, and will be wearing to Thanksgiving dinner today. I'm thankful to have gainful employment that allows me to buy fabulous boots.

I'm thankful for our beautiful house, and I am SUPER THANKFUL that it's finally done enough to enjoy... for now. I'm thankful for Captain Awesome, and for his fabulous foster parents, who loved him so much they volunteered to keep him with them this weekend.

I'm thankful for a million other things. It's been an amazing year. I hope everyone is enjoying a fabulous Thanksgiving today.

No comments: