Friday, November 09, 2007

LOVE IT.

These things are currently making me very happy:
1. The Campo Gorilla Reserve is finished and open at the LA Zoo! I've been peering through the construction walls at this for the last three years I've been going to the zoo regularly. Mac & I have donated money with specific hopes that it helps fund this project. The old habitat was sad, y'all. In fact, on our first trip to the LA Zoo, we found a lot of it to be a little sad. But we also saw how many animals they've rescued, bred, and returned to the wild if possible, and we saw little construction sites all over the grounds, just waiting to flourish and become proper habitats for our beloved animals. And this one is done.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
YAY.

2. This candle, purchased at Anthropologie for $15, smells just like Autumn.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
LOVE IT.

3. Thanksgiving is coming. In fact, Mac & I get TWO this year, and one of them is tomorrow. For those of you thinking it might be delightful to have the McLeans over for Thanksgiving, or perhaps celebrate at our house one year, let me tell you--it IS delightful. And delicious, for I am in charge of Dill Bread, cranberry sauce (with orange & ginger), and apple pie with homemade crust. I made a practice pie this past weekend for my friend Mikey in DC.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
PERFECT.

No comments: