Friday, March 07, 2008

pissing me off

HOLY. CRAP.



People say the most ignorant shit when they think they're preaching to their own tiny choir and no one else is listening.

Also pissing me off:
1. Watching O'Reilly Factor @ my gym yesterday while on elliptical (why the Y insists on Fox News is beyond me--don't they know how dreamy Anderson Cooper & Keith Olbermann are??)
2. Which featured a bit on Rush Limbaugh
3. Who laughed off a potential Clinton+Obama ticket thusly:
"Let's say it is Obama and Hillary…Let's put Hillary at the top — That's a position she's familiar with. Therefore, you've got a woman and a black for the first time ever on the Democrat ticket. Ahem. They don't have a prayer."

You know how when you're watching a movie or something set in past, and you hear the bigoted/sexist/racist shit people were saying to each other, and you think, "Wow, those old-fashioned, narrow-minded assholes sure had a lot to learn back then."

Hi, it's 2008, and clearly, they still have a lot to learn. WE still have a lot to learn.

I'd love an Obama+Clinton ticket, if only so we can elect them into office and deliver a crushing blow to ignorant assholes everywhere. And also, of course, for the joy of watching those two badasses rock the face off this country for the next eight years.

2 comments:

Alison said...

I had the same reaction when I heard about it. I was ranting to G last night that I couldn't believe people still talked like that in public. Have they no shame? I thought it was pretty much a given in this day and age that it was considered crass, racist and misogynistic to talk like that.

Obviously, if large numbers of people are fine with having either of them as president -- which seems to be the case based on the voter turnout and the fact that they're running so close -- then idiots like Limbaugh might want to reconsider their stance and words. A huge chunk of this country has moved on and evolved. It saddens me that some still haven't.

-biondetta

Anonymous said...

I have to agree you. I've been dealing with this low-simmering rage lately, much of it centered around the campaign. I'm not sure why, but willful ignorance just enrages me. It's like I go from 0-100% pissed off any time I run into people who are spouting crap like this. My anger undermines my ability to speak or even think effectively and I come across like a total ass. I can't talk about the latest, atrocious Clinton campaign tactics because I just want to scream. There's no "dream ticket" in my mind anymore because Clinton ruined it with her scorched earth campaign tactics. Evidently dirty politics is what sells in Texas and Ohio. Arrgh!