Monday, January 24, 2005

"A guest. Hello Daaaahhling!"

Guess who I'm quoting in today's headline? Give up? Why, my new Talking Edna Doll, dahling! She is ever so fabulous, and has all kinds of wise witticisms for every occasion, such as, "Now remember, dahling, luck favors the prepared," and "If you repress you depress, dahling. To impress you must express!" I'm debating whether I want to bring her to work with me so I can have her on hand to rip on my co-workers clothing with me, or if that will far too distracting and I'll just never get any work done.

What's that you say? I'm almost 30 and far too old to play with toys? Nonsense. First of all, me? Too old to play? Perish the thought. It will never happen. Second, it's not just a toy, it's a joyful reminder of one of my favorite movies, not only of 2004, but possibly ever. Third, and most important, Edna? Is fabulous, dahling.

No comments: